About Me

My photo
Arkansas, United States
We're just trying to live life to the fullest and learn something new every day while loving every minute we have with each other in the biggest way possible. We call it Goffin' it!

Monday, September 3, 2012

Fabulous Fibonaccis!

So, the kids and I are taking a class called MathArt which teaches you to see and appreciate the math in art and nature. Sounds cool...or so I thought, when after the first class I was thinking, "Was that English she was speaking?"  I thought I had just walked out of my first college philosophy class!  "Wow!  Are my kids smart," I'm thinking because I just couldn't get it.  Thanks to Mark's partner, Dave, being a constant reminder to me to, "Just google it," I spent awhile searching for understanding into the deep mystery of Fibonacci Numbers, The Golden Ration, Lucas Numbers, patterns, sequencing and more.  I came upon this fabulous video on YouTube by Vi Hart and I just had to share it.  She's absolutely fabulous and you're going to want to watch it again immediately because it's really fun and by the end you realize you're starting to actually see the light shed on the Fibonacci mystery!  Enjoy!


Oh, and tell me you aren't just dying to draw a pinecone or flower and count spirals right after this!

If you loved it and want to learn more, try Part 2:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Breckenridge 2012

Breckenridge 2012